Skip to content
- The fast combustion of dust particles suspended in the air in an enclosed location
- Reference: Gexcon Handbook http://www.gexcon.com/handbook/GEXHBchap2.htm
- A mixture with air, under atmospheric conditions, of flammable substances in the form of dust or fibers in which, after ignition, combustion spreads throughout the unconsumed mixture.
- Reference: S2S (safety to safety website: EN 50281-3:2002 EN 50281-1-2:1998 EN 50281-1-1:1998 and EN 13237:2003 (E).
- Similar to a gas explosion but with a fuel in the form of combustible particles. These can be agricultural products, organic powders or finely divided metals.
- Science/Flammability/Explosions/Chemical Explosion