Skip to content
- Project management is the discipline of planning, organizing, securing and managing resources to bring about the successful completion of specific project goals and objectives.
- The components of project management are: project entry, scoping, planning and approvals, procurement and contracting, quality assurance, health, safety and environment (HSE), pre-commissioning and start-up, wrap-up and evaluation and implementation.
- Professional project management is the key to the safety, quality, cost and schedules of all engineering tasks.
- Reference: 1. B. Peachey, R. Evitts and G. Hill, Project Management for Chemical Engineers , Education for Chemical Engineers, Volume 2, Issue 1, 2007, Pages 14-19; 2. Guidelines for Performing Effective Pre-startup Safety Review
- Project management is fundamental to the way the group works across the full array of technical, organisation, commercial, environmental and political aspects
- Reference: Accreditation Case Study, Shell, APM (Association for Project Management) Corporate
- Ajay Malhan, senior vice-president of project and development services for Jones Lang LaSalle, the global real estate services ?rm, says “Good project management is about managing the schedule, budget, quality and safety on a project, and there are risks associated with all of that,”
- Reference: “The link between project management excellence and long-term success”: A report from the Economist Intelligence Unit Sponsored by Oracle. Economist Intelligence, Economist.